The AIA Louisiana Political Action Committee (PAC) seeks to inform candidates for state and local governmental offices about public policy issues related to architecture, planning and construction. The committee will actively support selected candidates who are respected, capable, and informed on issues of interest to the architectural profession.
Among these issues are:
- The use of qualifications based selections systems for the procurement of architectural services;
- The support of safe, effective, and economical building codes;
- The promotion of responsible growth measures commonly referred to as smart growth;
- The reform of liability laws to promote creative approaches to design while limiting frivolous lawsuits;
- The support of a strong licensing system that ensures the protection of public health, safety and welfare; and Enforcement of the licensing laws against practice by unqualified individuals or groups