Each year AIA Shreveport, with matching funds from the AIA Component Scholarship grant, provides financial assistance to an architecture student from Caddo or Bossier Parishes who pursues an accredited professional degree in Architecture from a Louisiana school of Architecture. The scholarship will be distributed directly to the selected applicant.
Applicants must be legal residents of the United States and:
- A full-time student that is currently attending a NAAB accredited professional program in architecture in Louisiana.
- A high school graduate from either Caddo or Bossier Parish
The following is required from each candidate:
- A completed Application Form
- A letter of recommendation from any of the following: an architect, the dean/director, administrative head, or professor at an NAAB-accredited professional program
- A personal essay outlining you’re interests, experience, career plans related to architecture limited to 250 words.
- A high school transcript showing final year in a Caddo/Bossier parish school.
Submissions are to be received by November 1st of each year; check with your program’s dean / director for more details. The selected candidate will be announced following shortly thereafter. Recipients and their immediate family are welcomed to attend our Chapter Awards Gala to be recognized for their achievement.
Mail or e-mail submissions to:
P.O. Box 401
Shreveport, LA 71162