The AIA Shreveport Chapter, with matching funding from the AIA Component Scholarship grant, is providing assistance to architecture students from Caddo and Bossier Parishes who will pursue an accredited professional degree in Architecture from a Louisiana school of Architecture. The Scholarship will be provided to the NAAB Accredited program in Louisiana to be distributed to the selected candidate. The selected candidate will be notified via e-mail of their award.
Applicants must be legal residents of the United States and:
- A full-time student that is currently attending a NAAB accredited professional program in architecture in Louisiana.
- A high school graduate from either Caddo or Bossier Parish
The following is required from each candidate:
- A completed Application Form
- A letter of recommendation from any of the following: an architect, the dean/director, administrative head, or professor at an NAAB-accredited professional program
- A personal essay outlining you’re interests, experience, career plans related to architecture limited to 250 words.
- A high school transcript showing final year in a Caddo/Bossier parish school.
Submissions are to be received by November 1st of each year; check with your program’s dean / director for more details. The winner will be announced following shortly thereafter. Recipients and their immediate family are invited to our Chapter Awards Banquet to be recognized for their achievement.
Mail or e-mail submissions to:
P.O. Box 401
Shreveport, LA 71162